Abh mod/Escape Pod 2
The Escape Pod 2 was introduced in version 0.4.6 to be used for saving some of the player's assets. It's designed to be launched by an Explosive Bolt.
Build the escape pod by attaching it to an explosive bolt. The escape pod must not be connected to anything else or it will remain stuck by that connection. A door must be placed to allow the crew to access it and supply it with energy. If a crew is not present when the escape pod is launched it will remain inactive. In this case go the the repair menu, repair it and hire a crew. The escape pod will remain fully operational for about 30 seconds of flight time before running out of power.
- As the escape pod consumes energy constantly it should have a door to allow crew to access and supply it.
- Due to above fact and the fact that it will be damaged, it is better to use the Escape Pod Berth 2 instead.
- Chaining explosive bolts will allow the escape pod from launching passively (without manual switching), earlier and safely.
- As of Cosmoteer 0.12.11 corridor parts can be used to set it free by self-destructing the corridor.
- As of Abh mod 0.6.4 the Ejection Tube 1x1 can be used for destruction-less separation
Using explosive bolts will get the escape pod 2 damaged. Therefore, instead you build the Escape Pod Berth 2 which will get destroyed and release the actual escape pod. Due to building grid connection of parts the escape pod 2 and the Escape Pod Berth 2 must not touch or be connected to any other parts except the explosive bolt.
Using the Ejection Tube 1x1 does not cause damage. Therefore, there is no need to use the Escape Pod Berth 2. Due to building grid connection of parts the escape pod and the Escape Pod Berth 2 must not touch or be connected to any other parts except the explosive bolt.