Abh mod/Powersyphon Beam
The Andromedan Powersyphon Beam was introduced in 0.5.0. It a weapon which can leech power from a target ship. Due to demand it was released early before the required feature support was available even after nearly two months since work began. The first beam weapon to employ a widening beam. This weapon belongs to a family of leeching weapons and is related to mining beams. These will be available at a later time.
Due to the present mechanics causing uncontrollable, hence, excessive exploitation it was decided to implement the part with restrictions. These restrictions would not be necessary once full support becomes available. By default the weapon is turned off and is retracted in its housing. The weapon is powered by antimatter. When turned on it would extend from its housing. It would fire a widening beam onto the target and disrupt power. While in operation the weapon would "receive" energy.
- To protect the weapon build armor parts on top of it.
- To reduce antimatter hazard build an antimatter storage nearby and supply it from an antimatter tank or antimatter production part further away.
- 0.6.2 Health was raised from a ratio of 1.5 for armored parts to 3.0, inline with vanilla, which was raised from 2.0 to 3.0 to 4.0 in Cosmoteer 0.14.7.
- Antimatter Storage
- Antimatter Tank
- Antimatter Creation Generator
- Anisotropic Antimatter Generatrix
- Retractable Antiproton Turret